Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Crystal Castle

My father, Tovek Stonethew continued his narrative. "The flying flat beast joined others of its kind and a sort of battle broke out. It was hard to tell if the creature was trying to save us or kill us. Jarvek's servant, Scab, managed to kill one of the enemy flying beasts with a near suicidial leap.
In short order the creature brought us to a bridge that lead to an impressive crystal fortress. A panicked thrikeen with a name I couldn't manage to say properly ran to us for protection. He was followed by a horde of angry blue human like creatures and a battle broke out. They used defiler magic to make me move closer and then they surround me. I was slashed in a dozen places and I thought I was dead. But I called on the power of Stonebrother and my flesh became nearly as hard as rock. The blue men could do little more than scratch me and so the battle went in our favor and we crushed them."
"Our next skirmish with the blue men of Athas should have been an easy victory and so it was. But a costly win to be sure. We saw a group of blue men and I told them that we did not seek battle with them. They did not listen and attacked us anyway. The battle should have been a slaughter but one of the blue men did something with a rune carved in the ground. I lopped his head off thinking to stop whatever magics he was attempting to summon. I failed. In fact his spraying blood may have finished whatever it was he was doing. Suddenly out of nowhere a whirlwind formed and sucked me in. I would very likely have died but for Jorvak. Ignoring the danger Jorvak ran up to the whirlwind and kicked me out of it. Unfortunately he was sucked in as I was escaping. I could not get him out and he disappeared. I joined the battle in a great rage and we crushed the remaining blue men. Even more misfortune, Scab ran to his master and was drawn into the whirlwind as well. I gave Rhogar permission to question the one surviving blue man in hopes that our missing comrades might be alive in some other place. It did not go well, it seems, because Rhogar threw him into the whirlwind for not telling us what happened to our comrades. I was sad over what I thought was the loss of my friends and I felt no pity. I would not have done that myself but I was not going to punish Rhogar for it. As it turned out my friends were still alive and were to rejoin us very soon" "We continued on to toward the crystal castle and eventually we came upon a row of people inside crystal pillars. A pile of crystals came to life and attacked us. The crystal creature was very dangerous. I noticed that the people inside the pillars seemed to be sending energy to the crystal-pile creature. So everyone except Rolen went after the pillars and released the people held prisoner. While we did that Rolen fired arrows at the crystal creature and kept it busy. Mostly there were dead bodies in the crystal but we found Scab and Jorvek and released them as well. It was a happy moment because we had given them up for dead. Once all the people were released the creature was much weaker and we were able to defeat it as a team."

No comments:

Post a Comment