Friday, October 5, 2012

Raam- again?

My father, Torvek, had been speaking for a very long time and I felt that he was starting to ramble so I refocused him, "Father you mentioned returning to Raam. Could this be the famous legend of your leaping from the stands into an arena and killing a defiling gladiator with one blow?" My father smiled a rare grim smile and continued, "Ah yes well that was a rare one and no mistake. All true. All true. I had promised myself that I would never enter a gladitorial arena ever again, not even as part of an audience. It all started when we found that Nawab Nialha's home had been destroyed and that she was probably dead. Well actually we had to kill two gaj on the way there but that is hardly worth mentioning. Anyway one of Raam's street scum held a conversation with Rhagaar that was filled enough hints and riddles to make my poor head swim. The beggar leg us to some witch that had a collection of what I guessed to be heads in bags. Again there was a lot of talk in riddles and hints and I had a feeling that something was not right. The witch gave Rhogar some sort of a coin and told him to go to some tunnel. Seemed like a right scam to me and I wanted no part of it. When we came to some guards my friends and I parted company. I wandered around for a bit but eventually I heard the announcer in the gladitorial arena say something about a dray and elf. Well I figured that had to be my friends so I began sprinting for the arena. I quickly paid my way in and charged down the center aisle. When I reached the wall I leapt onto it and out onto the arena platform. My friends were fighting a defiler gladiator that was the size of a giant but one that was encased in fire. As I sprinted towards him the defiler shrank to normal size. My friends had already given it a mauling but he was still up and fighting. I charged in and put all my weight into one swing. My magic axe did the rest the defiler plunged into the sand beasts many feet below us and was devoured. We used the arena's magical machinery to flee the arena. As we fled I ordered Ix to give me the gladiator's shard. After we reached the safety of the desert we decided to try for the shard at Kled next because we hoped they would remember us and help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment